Primary Job Function
To profitably grow business enterprise accounts/Landmark Accounts through the development of high-level business relationships, strategies and execution of aligned tactics that ultimately closes business and grows market share.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling ‘total solutions” to large, complex enterprise-named / Landmark accounts focused on new business and retention of current customers, so as to generate profitable and sustainable growth that satisfies customers’ expectations.
- Establishes and builds key stakeholder relationships inside and outside the laboratory and leverages them in driving new profitable sales in the ‘core lab’ and helping to protect current business.
- Leads an internal cross-functional ‘selling team’ (account managers, specialists, project managers, others) to execute a strategic account plan for each enterprise customer; coordinates activities across entire customer network to maximize profitable growth.
- Provides leadership (non-reports) of the Diagnostics team and coordinates activities when required. Negotiates for resources, plans and executes activities for the long term and sustainable growth of Diagnostics, aligned with its corporate strategy.
- Responsible for overall account management, including uncovering a large complex organization’s strategic long-term plan and translating into a winning solution for oversees detailed account planning and sales forecasting (monthly and annual); negotiates contracts and all pricing resulting in long-term commitments. Utilizes and models Abbott’s best practice selling, strategic planning and management tools.
- Has a strategic plan to amplify and protect existing customers through clear value expansion activities including regular Business reviews. Working with customer experience teams, ensures customer satisfaction through a well developed and executed loyalty plan.
- Provides organizational leadership, commercial development of teams and individuals through coaching and mentoring.
Leadership of account/opportunity teams. No direct reports
Position Accountability / Scope
Appointed Territory and Selected Landmark/Large Accounts
- A degree in Science, Laboratory Medicine and/or business studies
- A post-graduate MBA or equivalent will be highly regarded.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- Significant successful sales experience in complex, multilevel, multisite selling environments.
- Pathology/Diagnostics/Healthcare market highly
Minimum Skills Required
- Ability to liaise with customer executives to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, commercial, influencing and strategic planning skills.