Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- To establish relationships and networks with all levels of clinical and management staff in accounts by offering excellent service, back-up and product knowledge. Thus increasing growth of sales and profit.
- To accurately represent the features and benefits of the specific product specialist portfolio to customers and potential customers.
- Maintain profitability within the area of responsibility in consultation with sales and marketing personnel.
- Provide market information and any other relevant data as required to the Advanced Surgery group so that a sound understanding of the marketplace is maintained.
- Develop long term plans including segmentation of customer base, strategic targeting, new product introduction, product pricing, resource allocation etc
- Negotiate agreements for supply of Advanced Surgery products at target hospitals.
- Identify incremental business opportunities and develop strategies to gain any sales flowing from such opportunities.
- Develop and facilitate product presentations to induce product usage in key specialties.
- Identify customer needs and personnel responsible in order to provide in-service in the preparation and effective use of company’s products. Ensure up to date knowledge of products is available to facilitate effective and accurate communication with customers.
- Maintenance of documentation and contacts within accounts to enhance business relationships through effective account management.
- To collaborate with Sales Management within the regions sales force, Marketing Manager and Advanced Surgery Business Unit Manager on the development and progress of account management plans and the achievement of gross profit and revenue growth, with regular reviews to monitor outcomes.
- Maintaining a complete and thorough understanding of policies and procedures and educating company customers on company policies (eg. returns goods policy)
- Liaise with Customer Service Team to ensure that accounts ordering needs are implemented to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Feedback information to Advanced Surgery Business Manager on trends in accounts through the preparation and submission of a monthly report, including market (competitive) intelligence.
- Supply new business forecasts to the Surgical Care management to ensure materials management adequately meets customer’s needs.
- Understand and follow the company “Global Business Practice Standards” at all times
- Understand and implement Company, division and regulatory EHS requirements as applicable to their function.
- Obtain appropriate EH&S training
- Implement the Policy on EHS Requirements for Administrative Functions, Sales & Marketing Functions, and other Small, Low-Risk Operations, as applicable to their function.
- Report incidents which endanger the environment or people by using the “Near Miss or Hazard Alert” or “Incident/Injury” report forms as appropriate. Any serious near miss, hazard, injury is to be immediately reported to more senior management and the Environment or Health and Safety Manager.
- Ensure business relationships reflect the basic principles of Shared Values, i.e. integrity, respect for individuals, responsiveness to quality, teamwork, empowerment and innovation.
- To ensure we treat all employees fairly, according to their skills, education, qualifications, experience, abilities and aptitudes, without discrimination so that decisions are based on merit and equal opportunity for all.
Employees at every level are responsible for quality and regulatory performance in the department they are employed, to ensure quality is met by the development of effective and constructive value adding relationships and programs with the Company’s goals as a primary focus.
Education and/or Experience.
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ year sales experience in healthcare industry.
- Surgical device experience is preferred