Home > Open Position
Support Molecular sales growth by delivering primary levels of instrument field and applications (technical) service needed to support customers, and the commercial teams through targeted scientific and technical strategies and the provision of scientific support when required.
The individual in this position should be able to apply basic levels of scientific and engineering theory to understand root cause issues and apply solutions to those problems. Service-related activities and findings must be well documented in the Molecular call management database that is part of the Molecular Quality System.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
- >2 years’ experience at troubleshooting electromechanical software-controlled instrument systems, OR >2 years’ experience working in a clinical diagnostic molecular laboratory using PCR techniques and automation.
- Commercial experience is an advantage and credibility within the clinical diagnostics arena is important
- Clear demonstration of consistent problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to operate laboratory instrumentation including pipettes, multi-meters, and data acquisition equipment.
Minimum Skills Required
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting In-vitro Diagnostic Devices and human biological samples.
- Achieving service excellence through technical abilities, with ability to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- The individual in this position must be able to work well with others and demonstrate proper etiquette and communication skills in all situations. The individual needs to be adaptable to changing priorities and demands.
- Candidates applying for this position should have skills and experience, which minimally meet the following requirements:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail, and passion to strive for technical excellence.
- Listen to the customer, understand each service support situation and provide a response that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Have the ability to demonstrate proper etiquette and empathy for each customer interaction.
- Ability to work with other internal Abbott cross-functional groups including field sales representatives and the management teams.
- Ability to document work performed and be well organized.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot software-based PC programs
- Ability to use standard application software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.